- I dog-ear pages to mark my place. The worst part is, I have quite a few bookmarks. Somehow I always go back to the dog ears.
- I read constantly, including while I'm eating. Did I mention I'm not very graceful? My books are full of stains.
- I like my books to look well loved (see: 1 & 2), but I would never do that to somebody else's. If I have borrowed a book, I treat it with kid gloves.
- I judge books by their covers. If a book has a pretty cover, I'm 100 per cent more likely to buy it. If it has a fugly cover, I'll be inclined to pass it over (unless reviews can persuade me otherwise).
- I love the smell of books. I love the smell of new books. I love the smell of old books. I love the smell of bookstores. I love the smell of libraries... I can't pick up a book without smelling it, it's like a compulsion.
- When I was 11, I went through a massive V.C. Andrews phase. I still enjoy reading her books as a guilty pleasure.
- I am literally running out of space for my books, but I can't stop acquiring more. Today, I added 10 to my collection. And that's not counting e-books. I may have a problem.
- I compulsively re-arrange my books every few months. I can't seem to find the perfect way to organise them. Series? Colour? Alphabetical? Chronological? It changes all the time.
- I get sad when I don't read, or I feel like I'm reading too slowly. I feel guilty when I'm behind on reviews.
- My dream is to one day have a library like the real Belle. The chances of this happening are very, very slim. I'd at least like a library with a ladder, so I can do this:
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
P.S. If you really love bookish confessions, check out this Tumblr.