Monday 21 May 2012

Mini Review: Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver

I don't really have time to write a proper review right now, but before I go away I wanted to write about how much I loved Liesl and Po by Lauren Oliver. It came along at exactly the right time for me. I especially loved the:
  • lovely, lyrical prose and descriptive language.
  • extensive, quirky and adorable cast of characters.
  • unique interpretation of ghosts/the afterlife.
  • gorgeous illustrations.
  • touching and sensitive exploration of grief.
  • magic!
  • story!
  • Bundle.
  • moving and powerful author's note.
I had a couple of minor gripes with certain plot points (I would have liked to know more about Po, for example) but overall Liesl and Po was a beautiful book - the kind that makes me want to tell EVERYONE I KNOW to read it. Now. So what are you waiting for?

Rating: 5/5.

3 comments: