Tuesday 4 June 2013

Top Ten Books Featuring Travel


1. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. The best roadtrip book I've read. It will make you laugh, cry and swoooon.

2. Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta. I could put the whole of The Lumatere Chronicles, but Finnikin is the one with the most travel. They're all wonderful.

3. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. The magical, gorgeous tale of one unicorn's quest to find others like her.

4. The Reluctant Hallelujah by Gabrielle Williams. A roadtrip book with a very unique twist. Not for everyone, but I loved it.

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Trip to the Peak District, anyone? Namely Derbyshire.

6. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. What better way to travel than through time? Though it doesn't exactly work out well for Henry. This book gives me All The Feels.

7. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. Four friends use a magical pair of jeans to stay in touch when they're separated over the summer. It's nowhere near as lame as I thought it would be before I read it.

8. Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie. Second star to the right and straight on till morning!

9. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. One of my favourite books of all time, I wouldn't mind a trip with Fezzik and Inigo - and Westley, of course. Buttercup can stay at home.

10. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. While it's mostly set in Paris, the kids do travel there to start with (and to America and back again over the holidays). Anna may whinge about it at first, but I wouldn't have minded going to school in such a gorgeous city!

16 comments:

  1. I second Peter Pan and The Princess Bride! And yes, leave Buttercup at home. She's such a drag. You can have Wesley and I'll take Inigo. Best roadtrip EVER! Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome list Belle. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour made it to my list too. I've seen The Reluctant Hallelujah around quite a bit, and now that it's made it to your list certainly has me intrigued! Also I need to get back to Finnikin already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasprit! The Reluctant Hallelujah is quite strange, some people hate it and others love it - I thought I'd be the former but I turned out to be the latter!

      Delete
  3. Nice list! I have Anna and the French kiss on my list too:)

    My TTT:
    http://www.evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's on a lot of lists this week :)

      Delete
  4. I wonder why so many great books have travel themes. Princess Bride, for example.

    Here's my Top Ten post. Hope you'll stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really enoy your reviews and suggestion! I am a book junkie my self and I love your suggestions! May I make one too? I don't know if you have read this: The night Circus. It is amazing!!If you havent read it you should!!

    http://asecrettokeepblog.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Night Circus! Such a gorgeous book.

      Delete
  6. Anna and The Sisterhood both made my list, too. Love Pride and Prejudice! I need to pick up Amy and Roger. I've heard great things about it. Great list!
    Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my fave contemporary YA books!

      Delete
  7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta is one of my all time favorite books so I have been dying to check out her other books! Great list!

    If you would like to check out my Top Ten, I would appreciate it!
    http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/06/hosted-by-broke-and-bookish-top-ten.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, all of her books are wonderful!

      Delete
  8. Your list is absolutely amazing. Bravo! I love it - especially P&P, Peter Pan, and Princess Bride.
    Here's my TTT: http://readyourbookcase.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-travel.html

    ReplyDelete