1. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares. It's all about summer (amongst other things), and it's so much fun. My kind of beach read.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Teen romance at its best.
3. Adorkable by Sarra Manning. Teen romance at its second best.
4. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding. Just pure fun.
5. Sea Hearts by Margo Lanagan. Not exactly a light beach read, but the ocean is such a central part of the story it would be fantastic to read this book surrounded by the sounds and scents it describes.
6. Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst. A book featuring vampires that are actually deadly, that's still fun, light-hearted and highly entertaining. Awesome.
7. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Teen romance at its trashiest. Perfect for sunny, no-brainer days on the sand.
8. Cargo by Jessica Au. This is another book which is not exactly light, but the beach is central to the story.
9. Puberty Blues by Kathy Lette and Gabrielle Carey. Again, it's all about the beach and surf culture. Even though it goes to pretty dark places, it's also hilarious.
10. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. It's Toddlers and Tiaras meets Lost. And it's as brilliant as it sounds.