I've never really been into audiobooks, but after hearing that Ed Westwick is recording Cassandra Clare's City of Fallen Angels, I decided to investigate further. And I struck gold - the first site I came across was Silksound Books, which features
So I got to thinking about other swoon-worthy voices and decided that these guys should record audiobooks, like, now. Coz I would download the shizz out of them:
1. Alec Baldwin. His voice is a star in itself. Seriously - 30 Rock had a whole storyline about it.
2. Christopher Daniel Barnes. I've mentioned before that Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid was my first love (and yes, I know he's a cartoon. He's still hot). A big part of that love is his voice - borrowed from Christopher Daniel Barnes. Also known as, um, Greg Brady.
3. Gerard Butler. Whether it's singing or speaking, in an English, Irish, Scottish or American accent, I can't get enough of Gerard Butler's voice.
4. George Clooney. I know a lot of women love him, but George Clooney doesn't really do it for me. That is, except for his voice. Now that is worth a phwoar! (Note: the below clip is merely to demonstrate his voice - I may be attracted to animated princes, but even I draw the line at animated foxes. Except maybe Robin Hood).
5. Michael Fassbender. His portrayal of Mr. Rochester in the new Jane Eyre - and his booming voice in particular - was enough to make me doubt my devotion to Toby Stephens as the number one master of Thornfield. Amazingness.
Do you listen to audiobooks? Whose voice would you like to get lost in?