Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 Challenge Results

I don't know what I was thinking last year, but clearly I signed up for waaaay too many challenges. A few went really well, but mostly I failed. I don't like failing.


2012 TV Addict Reading Challenge
Aim: Five shows and the books they were based on.
Outcome: Four
Verdict: Close, but no cigar.

YA Contemporary Challenge 2012
Aim: Five YA books released in 2012.
Outcome: 15
Verdict: Success, three times over!

Around the Stack in How Many Ways?
Aim: Read five different genres.
Outcome: 13 genres counted.
Verdict: Win!

Victorian Challenge
Aim: Six books written in Victorian times.
Outcome: Zero.
Verdict: Fail. Epic fail.

Gossip Girl Reading Challenge 2012
Aim: 13 books - the whole Gossip Girl series.
Outcome: Zero.
Verdict: Epic, epic fail.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Challenge
Aim: Read the original books that feature the characters from The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen as well as the graphic novel - nine books in total.
Outcome: Zero.
Verdict: So much fail.

Aussie Author Challenge 2012
Aim: 12 books written by Australian authors.
Outcome: 18 books.
Verdict: Success!

Haruki Murakami Reading Challenge 2012
Aim: Read one book written by Haruki Murakami.
Outcome: Zero.
Verdict: Too embarrassing for words.

2012 Australian Women Writers Challenge
Aim: Read three different Australian female writers.
Outcome: 14 books by eight different authors.
Verdict: A+.

2012 Young Adult Reading Challenge
Aim: Read 40 YA books.
Outcome: 32 books.
Verdict: So close, yet so far.

100+ Books in a Year Reading Challenge 2012
Aim: 100 books.
Outcome: 51 books.
Verdict: Barely halfway. Sigh.

Reading Challenge Addict
Aim: Complete 10 reading challenges.
Outcome: Four challenges completed.
Verdict: Clearly I signed up for too many challenges.

Related
The top 10 books I read in 2012

2 comments:

  1. LOL you are too funny! Hey, you did better than me. I completely stopped tracking my challenges about halfway into the year. I am doing ZERO challenges in 2013 because clearly, focus is not my thing. I still say well done for you because you managed to keep up with them even if you did not complete them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! Though they're not too hard to track when most of them are zero, lol. I'm hoping with the smaller number of challenges I'll actually succeed this year.

      Delete