Friday 12 April 2013

Friday Link Dump: Gatsby Research, Shakespearean Insults And My Latest Obsession

TFIF.
-Some designers sketched their interpretations of Katniss' wedding gown. Is it November yet?

-Here's a peek into some of the research that went into the upcoming The Great Gatsby movie. Is it May yet?

-Jason Segel is writing a YA trilogy. I don't know how I feel about this.

-The second edition of the Game of Thrones Facebook feed is as hilarious as the first.

-Shakespearean insults combined with cat photos are surprisingly awesome. Or perhaps that's not so surprising.

-This Tumblr compiles movie and TV costumes that have been reused across multiple productions. I'm obsessed.

-Speaking of Tumblr, I finally watched the awesomeness that is Parks and Recreation, and naturally went on a Tumblr hunt. I found Tom Haverfoods, Cats that look like Ron Swanson and Hipster Parks and Rec. And then I giggled. A lot.

-Prepare to have your childhood ruined/mind blown by these current pictures of the actors in your fave 80s and 90s movies.

-One Disney fan created some Princess-inspired rings and they're mostly pretty and all expensive. 

-This artist gave famous paintings the Photoshop treatment and it's quite disturbing.

-Baby + puppies = squeegasm.

-You may have noticed a big blue button on the right hand column urging you to vote for this blog in the Best Australian Blogs competition. In case that was too subtle, I'm urging you again. Consider yourself urged. 

23 comments:

  1. HOW GOOD IS PARKS AND REC!?

    I think a Jason Segel YA series could be good? Maybe? I feel like he'd be a very honest writer, which is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are SO many good links here! Where to begin? Loved the GoT fb feed, espesh Hoddor!

    SO glad you love Parks & Recs! Love Tom's tumblr.

    I'm open to Jason's YA books!

    And that baby & those puppies, SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Hodor bit too. Heh.
      The baby and puppies made my week!

      Delete
  3. I love Jason Segel!!! I'll totally try his books, I hope they're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is really funny and charming so they might be good.

      Delete
  4. So glad you're watching Parks & Recs.. it's hilarious! Love Tom Haverford :) Have you met Jean-Ralphio yet? I think it's one of those shows that gets better with every season..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet! I'm only up to season 2, but I love it!

      Delete
  5. Lol Beans is... I can't stop laughing. :') I miss that show. Now I wish Even Steven was still on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never watched it, but I still found that picture amusing/disturbing.

      Delete
  6. I <3 this post! I "think" this is my first time visiting your blog, but I already love your posts!( My memory is terrible). "looks at the Tumblr again"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the Shakespeare/cats-had stumbled across it through a facebook friend's post but so worth revisiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parks and Rec!! AWESOME SAUCE! :)

    I remember voting for you last year. :) Has it been a year?!?! Damn. Anyway, voting again.

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL THE WAFFLES for you :)
      Thanks Maggie xx

      Delete
  9. I'm a little obsessed with these link dumps- they're always so fun and I'm sure to find a new thing to love! The thing that makes me not so skeptical about the Jason Segel YA series is that it's supposed to be a little mix of Labryinth- if it is, I am sold.
    Excellent compilation/link dump!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah those Katniss dresses are so freakin awesome! I'd love to see any of them come to life in the movie. Heck. JUST GET THE MOVIE OUT ALREADY! November is way too long... *chokes back sobs*
    <3 Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. While I knew what most of my favorite actors of the 80s and 90s currently look like, it was reallly fun to see their old and new pics side by side.

    Those Disney rings rooock! Pocahontas is my fav.

    ReplyDelete