Tuesday 11 February 2014

Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon

1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. One of my fave YA romances, featuring an English boy with a French name at an American school in Paris. The chemistry between St. Clair and Anna is perfect.

Yes.

2. Persuasion by Jane Austen. I love all of Austen's love stories but Captain Wentworth is dreamy and THAT LETTER ungh.

Oops there goes my ovaries.

3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. This whole series is great, and there's more than one swoon-worthy moment. Dimitri is a stone cold Russian fox.

This will always be my Dimitri. Sorry movie dude.

4. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. Such a cute, sweet road trip rom com (with a serious side).

Yes. This is the Roger in my head. Uh huh.

5. Dare You To by Katie McGarry. If there's one thing McGarry knows how to write, it's a hot YA romance. Dare You To is my fave in the series.

I like pretty boys OK.

6. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. See above.

IKR.

7. False Colours by Georgette Heyer. I just finished listening to the audiobook for this and it was so fun and adorable and there was TWIN hotties.

Double.

Swoon.
8. Adorkable by Sarra Manning. I know not everyone loves this book but I adore it. I love the realistic but still super cute dynamic between the two main characters.

Hai.

9. The Princess Bride by William Goldman. Three words: As. You. Wish.

TWU WUV.

10. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. Eric gets amnesia and cares about nothing but banging Sookie, basically. It's the highlight of the series.

If you insist.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

15 comments:

  1. I adore Georgette Heyer but I haven't read False Colours yet. I'll have to find that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice eye candy in your post!!! I have Anna on my list this week too... and was really close to putting Dare You To on there also. Adorkable sounds cute, I need to read it! And Amy & Roger, why haven't I read that one yet?? I love roadtrip books!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Amy and Roger is amazing you must read it!

      Delete
  3. I loved #3 - and yes Ian was totally my Dimitri too *swoon* I am yet to read #10!! Great list Belle :)

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday list if you want to check it out!

    Chanzie @ Mean Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read the Sookie books, but I am a fan of the show. Sweatpants Eric is hilarious! I can't believe I forgot The Princess Bride. As. You. Wish!! Katie McGarry and Simone Elkeles write some awesomely swoony guys! Great list! ~Megan
    http://wp.me/pzUn5-1R1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The show is better TBH although I did like the 4th book better.

      Delete
  5. Bless this gif-heavy post :)

    St. Clair! And Wesley! And Eric!! Swoon, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with so many on this list like Anna, Princess Bride, and anything by Simone Elkeles and Katie McGarry. And yeah for another Persuasion fan! That letter makes me melt into a puddle of happy goo every time. Great gifs too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That letter is one of my favourite things ever.

      Delete
  7. I really should check out the Dare You To series.

    Also, whenever I think of Adorkable, I think of you :)

    (loved this post)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks :) DYT is totally cheesy but it's a lot of fun.

      Delete
  8. I TOTALLY agree with you about the last two. I actually wish that Sookie had been all about Eric and Sookie. They can break up a lot like all silly shows do, cos then Eric can be snarky and a dick, but then come back and do adorably swooning fangirling things to Sookie to earn her loves and fections.

    Also: TomStu!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hope the show ends better than the books!

      And yes TOMSTU <3

      Delete