Tuesday 18 February 2014

Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Book Blogger


1. The amazing community. I have made so many friends through book blogging, and I love how supporting and encouraging everyone is of one another. It makes me really, really happy.

2. Challenges. I'm a big fan of book challenges, they have definitely broadened my horizons - even if I don't always reach my target!

3. Focus on reading. One of the reasons I started this blog was to make reading a priority in my life - and it has worked! I read many more books now than I had in the years before I started blogging.

4. Discovering new books. Thanks to my fellow brilliant bloggers, I am always coming across new books to read. It's dangerous for my TBR pile but it's a good problem to have.

5. Being aware of bookish news and events. I'm not as in touch as I'd like to be, but I'm much more up with the news than I used to be - again thanks primarily to the great bloggers I know!

6. Writing about books. Reviewing is a great way of to keep track of my reactions to books - and fangirl/vent when necessary!

7. Bookish social networks. Goodreads is so fun, even with all the drama (which I try to ignore these days), and talking to bookish people on Twitter is one of my favourite things.

8. Writing in my spare time. I write for a living but it's nice to have something that's all my own to create and control in my own time.

9. A fun hobby/distraction. When I started my blog, I had been in a bad headspace for about six months. The six months after that, when I was fully into my blog, updating constantly and loving it, were the best I've felt, mentally, since. It's a good way to channel my energy and avoid ruminating. I'm not sure if getting back into my blog more regularly will make me feel that good again, but I want to anyway, just for the fun of it.

10. Celebrating books and reading with like-minded people. What's not to love?

19 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes to every point on this list Belle! :D

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I can relate to these points. It is a great community which I for one do not utilise enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been around as much as I'd like lately and I've definitely missed it.

      Delete
  3. I love this post. I have been blogging for five years now and I can agree with so much here. I was very sporadic last year (going back to uni just about did my head in and I had no energy left) but I think I can never really stay away because there is so much good blogging does for me.

    anyway, I really love your blog. it's got so much personality and you always seem to have something different going on. also love your book recs <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nomes! That means a lot coming from an awesome blogger such as yourself!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing the challenges too! It helps me clear my tbr pile ;-)
    Nette
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly my TBR pile grows faster than I can get through it.

      Delete
  6. I love discovering new books and setting reading goals every year :)
    here's our TTT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the community is a highlight. I also love knowing bookish news. It makes me feel like I'm an insider even though I'm really not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes yes. Definitely one of the best things about being a blogger is being a part of the amazing book blogging community. I love to finally have such awesome people in my life who are as passionate about reading as I am, if not more so. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's a pretty fun hobby too. I love the community and I learn so much from other people.

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, yes, yes and yes! Interactions with other people who love books is definitely something which has improved my happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it - especially our Sparks watchalongs and #spbkchat :)

      Delete