Wednesday 20 April 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Shura


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by The Unread Reader, all about fictional boys who make us swoon. Boys like Alexander "Shura" Belov from The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons.

About Shura
  • He's a Red Army officer in the Soviet Union during World War II. 
  • He has a mysterious past and a killer survival instinct.
  • He's fierce, brave, protective and makes the ultimate sacrifice for the love of his life, Tatiana.
  • I always picture him as Oliver Milburn, though friends who've also read the book think I'm wack. I can't help it, he's cute:



Swoon-worthy quotes
One word: Lazarevo. If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't? Let's just say there's one helluva honeymoon that I won't dare to quote here. But the following is also amazing... 
"Tatiana said, 'Go on with Dasha. She is right for you. She is a woman and I'm-'
'Blind!', Alexander exclaimed.
Tatiana stood, desolately failing in the battle of her heart. 'Oh, Alexander. What do you want from me...'
'Everything,' he whispered fiercely."
"Goodbye, my moonsong and my breath, my white night and golden days, my fresh water and my fire. Goodbye, and may you find a better life, find comfort again and your breathless smile, and when your beloved face lights up once more at the Western sunrise, be sure what I felt for you was not in vain. Good-bye and have faith, my Tatiana."

10 comments:

  1. Yes!! Love your choice! I loved both those books and can't wait to read The Summer Garden when it's published this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've read The Summer Garden, it's very different to the first two... but a must if you want to see how the story continues :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first quote totally pulled at my heart! And now I'm dying to know what Lazarevo means.

    Oliver Milburn seems like a perfect choice for Shura!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fierce, brave and protective- sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I think he's very swoon-worthy! I also think Oliver is very cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! Sounds like an intense book. I don't know how OM works as the character, since I haven't read the book yet--but the pics look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very intense love story. For those who haven't read it, I'll give you a teaser from Lazarevo:

    Tatiana: "Why did we spend two days fighting when we could have been doing this?"
    Alexander: "That wasn't fighting, Tatiasha. That was foreplay."

    Ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed those quotes! Great pick!

    Here's mine: http://simpleloveofreading.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-book-boyfriend-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I am a new follower and found you through New books for New Bloggers! Funny we used the same template almost!! I love this meme!! I am going to use it!

    Angie

    http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete