Tuesday 20 August 2013

Top Ten Things That Make Book Blogging Easier


1. Goodreads. I loooove Goodreads. It's great for connecting with fellow book-lovers and cataloging books. I have a ridiculous amount in my TBR pile and on my wishlist, and it would be impossible to keep track of everything without Goodreads.

2. Booko. This is my one-stop search engine for book buying. It finds all of the available outlets a certain book is at, and ranks them from least expensive to most expensive, shipping including. Brilliant.

3. Netgalley. Netgalley is wonderful for access to e-galleys for review. It brings many books to my attention that I may not have noticed otherwise. Too many, even - I always end up with way more than I have time to read. Must. Stop. Requesting.

4. Bloglovin'. I only just started using this thanks to the demise of Google Reader, and I actually took the time to organise the blogs I follow into categories. It has made blogging life so much easier, I am obsessed with it.

5. Spare time. Book blogging takes up a lot of time. If I had more of it, it would be so much easier.

6. Awesome books. They are the main reason I read and blog, after all.

7. The library. Free books. Nuff said.

8. Fellow bloggers. The book blogging community is amazing. I've made so many wonderful friends.

9. My kindle, Betsy. While I still adore physical books, my kindle is so convenient for acquiring and transporting books.

10. Audiobooks. OK, I've only "read" one so far, but I plan on getting into them big time. So easy and fun!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

27 comments:

  1. I have to agree with Goodreads being at the top of the list - if you are unsure what to read next that is the place to go! Saying that I need to make some updates! Great post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend so much time on Goodreads, it's ridiculous ;)

      Delete
  2. SPARE TIME, yes! Because really, I could use another extra 2-3 hours a day just to keep up with blogging and reading related things.

    And I like Bloglovin too, overall. I do wish it was just a cleaner-looking site in general, but whatevs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could blog full time, not gonna lie.

      Delete
  3. Good choices! I learned a new one Booko, and it said it could be changed to U.S. setting. Thanks for sharing that. I agree with you on your choices, and Goodreads is great for making lists and keeping them straight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't know you could set it to the US! Awesome.

      Delete
  4. You know I love audios.
    But wait you named your Kindle? I love it! What an adorable name too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your e-reader has a name. :)

    I've never heard of Booko. I'm off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think any blogger who didn't have Goodreads on their list is crazy. Thanks for including that link to booko. I hadn't heard of it, but I saved it. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I first joined Goodreads I didn't use it much, I didn't really get it - but now I'm addicted.

      Delete
  7. I'm sure Spare time would make life easier but it's hard to find

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Booko before, the best thing about this week's topic are all the great sites I hadn't heard of before but are now likely to become indispensable.

    And Betsy is an adorable name for you kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Audiobooks are great - you can read while you do other stuff - it doubles my reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just need to master the ability to read two books at once - even if I'm listening to one of them. I'm a book monogamist, it's most inconvenient.

      Delete
  10. I love bloglovin so much ... I am so glad I found it!

    Angie
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you named your e-reader- why Betsy?

    This is a really interesting (and great) list- I'm super keen to check out Booko, as I've never heard of it! Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I have no idea, it just entered my head.

      Delete
  12. Love your list! I love fellow bloggers, and Goodreads, and the library! Also, I had no idea I could organise Bloglovin' but now I am going to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omigod it's my favourite thing. It has made my blog reading SO much easier.

      Delete
  13. I love that you named your Kindle. That's great! Is Booko just an Australian thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else commented that you can change the setting to the US - so maybe not!

      Delete