Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Top Ten Books TBR In Autumn
I'm always a bit nervous about making these kinds of lists because inevitably, I read approximately none of the books I set out to get through. But it's a good reminder of what I've got waiting for me, at least. Here are some of the books I'm hoping to pick up this season:
1. Children of Liberty by Paullina Simons. I loved Simons' The Bronze Horseman trilogy, so I was excited when this prequel came out. Unfortunately I've heard it's not that spectacular, but I'm still keen to read it.
2. All This Could End by Steph Bowe. This has gotten rave reviews amongst a few of my friends and it makes me very excited to read it.
3. Holier Than Thou by Laura Buzo. Some people love this new adult book, some people really don't like it - I'm interested to see which side I fall on.
4. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I've had this since it first came out, but have never been brave enough to pick it up. I should just bite the bullet, because I really want to read a John Green book.
5. Lord of the Flies by William Golding. My husband and I decided to read some modern classics together this year, and this is the top of the list.
6. The House at the End of Hope Street by Menna van Praag. This is about a house that features "living" potraits of literary legends, and it sounds delightful.
7. Tales of the Macabre by Edgar Allan Poe. I've had this edition of Poe's stories for awhile, and watching The Following, which draws heavily on Poe's work, has made me really want to read it soon.
8. A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner. I've just finished the first three in this series and have ordered A Conspiracy of Kings - now I just have to wait for it to arrive!
9. Girl Defective by Simmone Howell. The plot sounds unique and the St Kilda setting is enticing.
10. Is Everyone Hanging Out With Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. This just sounds like a fun read, and I need that right now.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.