Now this is my kind of meme. My Book Boyfriend is hosted by The Unread Reader every Wednesday. It's all about fictional boys that make us swoon. I have oh-so-many to choose from, but for my very first MBB post, I've chosen my second love (my first was Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid)...
Westley from The Princess Bride, of course! Obviously, I fell in love with him in the movie first - at seven, I was a bit young to have read the book. When I finally did read it in my teens, I fell in love with him even more. He makes me swoon AND laugh at the same time.
About Westley (spoiler alert!)
- His hair is blonde and his eyes are like "the high seas before a storm".
- He has a
- He starts off working on a farm for Buttercup, then, when they declare their love for one another, he goes to sea to seek his fortune so that he can marry her.
- His ship is captured by the Dread Pirate Roberts and Buttercup is told that he's dead - but he really persuades Roberts to let him live. He then learns everything he can and becomes the Dread Pirate Roberts himself (it's kinda like a franchise).
- He does everything for love - literally. He even dies and comes back to life for love. And rescues the dumb-dumb Buttercup about a bajillion times.
- He's perfect in every way. I'm not even joking. He always bests the best - Inigo at sword-fighting, Fezzik at hand-to-hand combat, Vizzini in a battle of wits...
- He's played by Cary Elwes in the movie - the perfect Westley. My Westley!
|"There have been five great kisses since 1642 B.C....Well, this one left them all behind."|
|"This is true love — you think this happens every day?"|
|"There is a shortage of perfect breasts in this world; 'twould be a pity to damage yours."|