I'm going on holidays in FOUR sleeps! I'm super excited, but also freaking out just a bit about everything I have to do before then. I'm also slightly nervous about leaving my baby - this blog - for a whole month. I'm hoping to schedule some posts before I go, but it all depends on how much time I have. Eep!
On a more positive note (aside from, y'know, the whole MONTH LONG HOLIDAY in the US), I'll have a bit of downtime - in between busy days of sightseeing - to read some books. I just need to decide a) how many to take; and b) which books to take. Seeing as I'm chronically indecisive, and also had at last count 112 books in my to-be-read pile (not including the dozen or so I've added since then), I thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone has any suggestions for awesome reads. All ideas are welcome, though considering I'll be in holiday mode (with my brain most definitely switched off), it's probably better if they're on the lighter side. Here are some that are in my pile:
- Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments series.
- If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman (really keen to read these but worried they'd be a downer on holiday).
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey.
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis.
- Cakes and Ale by W. Somerset Maugham.
- Jane Slayre by Charlotte Bronte and Sherri Browning Erwin (kinda curious but also scared after the appalling experience that was Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
- Fallen by Lauren Kate.
- Elixir by Hilary Duff (let's chalk this one up to morbid curiosty, 'kay?).
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.
- Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill.
- Luxe by Anna Godbersen.
- A Girl's Guide to Vampires by Katie MacAlister.