Sunday 21 July 2013

Friday Links on a Sunday: Catching Fire, Amy Poehler and Vintage Hotties



-I am sorry for the delay in links - on the plus side it means I can include the Catching Fire trailer. Oh. Em. Squee.

-I used this Thug Notes clip to try and explain Pride and Prejudice to the husband. Handy.

-Goodreads has released an infographic about what makes people DNF a book. The most frequently abandoned don't really surprise me.

-Where do you stand when it comes to upcycled book art? I'm torn. I hate to see books cut up but I love book art. I think if a book isn't rare and/or readable, it's OK.

-Amy Poehler talks feminism, cults and who she would be on Game of Thrones.

-I am super excited to watch Saving Mr. Banks.

-Here's a daily dose of dishonesty that we're all guilty of.

-These photos from New York City in 1969 are stunning. As are these images of vintage brides.

-Speaking of vintage, here's a collection of timeless hotties from old-school Hollywood.

-I also love these lovely photos of Julia Gillard.

-This list of people who became successful in their 30s is encouraging and inspiring.

-The Thoughts Room is an awesome place to dump unwanted thoughts.

-Animals are real jerks sometimes. Here are the GIFs to prove it.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vintage pictures and I loved the hotties (although Cary Grant should have been #2, can't argue with Robert Redford in first place.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of Saving Mr Banks until now, but it looks so good! I love Mary Poppins and when the musical was in Brisbane they had an exhibition about the book, movie and production and they did talk a little about her struggle with the movie, so I'm excited to see this more in depth now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That exhibition would have been amazing! I loved the musical. I should read the books one of these days.

      Delete
  3. Amazing list, as per usual! I'm super excited about Catching Fire, even more so after catching that brief glimpse of Finnick. Oh Finnick.

    Doesn't Saving Mr. Banks look stunning? I cannot WAIT to see it- I hope it proves to be just as fantastic as it appears in the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving Mr Banks has an amazing cast, it should be good.

      Delete
  4. Excellent collection of links! I liked the Catching Fire trailer a lot so I am now encouraged and excited!! Glad they haven't released much of the arena scenes yet - I'd rather they kept it a surprise! Those pics from New York in 1969 were pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I felt like they were revealing too much even saying they'd go back into the arena, but I guess they've got to entice people in with that.

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOD THE THUG NOTES. That is so perfect. I paused it halfway through just to send my partner a link. He's been making noises about reading it lately, but I haven't QUITE decided if that's a good idea or not...

    Also, I adore Amy Poelher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha. I know, I'd like my husband to read P&P but I'm also kind of afraid because he might hate it and I don't know if I could handle that.

      Delete
  6. Ha, the Thug Notes vid is funny! I love the Amy interview (don't we all want to be her best friend!)

    And Saving Mr Banks looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy Poehler is one of my fave people right now.

      Delete