Saturday 31 December 2011

2011 Challenges Round-up

Yeah. I failed. But it's OK, coz 2012 is going to be epic, and I'm totally going to complete the bajillion challenges I've signed up for (I'm nothing if not optimistic).

In the meantime, here's how I did (or rather, didn't do) in the 2011 challenges I signed up for:


-Books to Movies, created by Two Bibliomaniacs. I aimed for Oscar Buzz, which was to read eight books and watch the movie adaptations. Since starting the challenge, I read/watched a total of... four. These included A Little Princess, The Last Unicorn, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and A Christmas Carol.



-Books I Should Have Read By Now, hosted by Gabriel Reads. My aim was to chip the below off my TBR list:
  1. A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
  2. Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey.
  3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
  4. The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford.
  5. The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
  6. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
  7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman.
  8. Dracula by Bram Stoker.
  9. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
  10. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
  11. Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
  12. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.
The bolded/linked books are the ones I actually got to, bringing me to a total of four out of 12. *hangs head*


-Aussie Author Challenge, hosted by Booklover Book Reviews. I aimed for "true blue" status, which meant 12 books from at least nine different Aussie authors. I read I Came to Say Goodbye and Ghost Child by Caroline Overington, Cargo by Jessica Au, Not Meeting Mr Right by Anita Heiss and The Nest by Paul Jennings, giving me a total of five books from four different authors. Despite my failure, I've signed up for the challenge once again, coz I really want to read more Aussie books.


-Classic Bribe, created by Quirky Girls Read. The aim was to read at least one classic by September, which I actually did (A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett), however I totally forgot to post about it when the challenge ended, so I kinda failed anyway. Whoops!

...OK, so I didn't do so great on the challenge front this year, but I had a lot of fun trying - and that's the important thing, right?!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't do so hot on one of my challenges either, but I decided to sign up for it again because I'm determined to do better this year.

    ReplyDelete