Sunday 20 March 2011

Review: Bonus Chapter of Red Riding Hood


I finally got my hands on the bonus chapter of Red Riding Hood. Even though it's not released here in Australia until March 25, I discovered it's actually already available to download on the US site. I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier!

Anyway, aside from the fact that I'm still mad about the whole gimmick, I was pretty satisfied with the ending. There were a few things that were left unexplained, but at least the major thing was. Yep, we finally get to find out who the Wolf is. It was someone I suspected - but then, I suspected just about every character so that's no big revelation. The very last page seems to be setting up for a sequel, but at least the first story is mostly resolved - even if it is in a bonus chapter online. If it had've been attached to the original book, I probably would have given it 3/5. But it wasn't. So my original opinion still stands.

Related: I've had this song in my head all weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I've been wondering or not to go see the actually movie. I'm a crazy book reader too and have been greatly disappointed with book to movie transition. Have you read the hunger games series?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! Yes, I'm going to go see the movie next week, although I haven't heard good things. I'll post a review/comparison once I have and let you know if it's worth seeing! I'm doing one for I Am Number Four tonight.
    I haven't actually read The Hunger Games series yet, but it's on my list! I've been told it's really good and I definitely want to read it before the movie comes out (although that's awhile away).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's a while away, I just hope they do it justice because even though its deemed a teen book its very violent. It is by far my favorite series I have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely have to read it - are you happy with the casting? I know there's been a bit of controversy over Jennifer Lawrence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This site is amazing, now I have that song stuck in My head! About the hunger Games I loved it, can't wait for the movie even though it's months away from now. With the casting it depends for me, like with Katniss I think a tough hard working person with good looks would fit her fine! Can't wait for the Movie!!! Oh ya Have you read Divergent By Veronica Roth it's amazing if you like the Hunger Games you would love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for the lovely comment and the recommendations! I haven't actually got around to the Hunger Games yet, am hoping to soon - will have to add Divergent to my TBR pile, too!

    ReplyDelete