Friday 25 March 2011

Follow Friday: Five (Bookish) Facts About Me

Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View. This week the topic is, "Give us five book-related, silly facts about you." Note the key word is silly...
  

1. I have a habit of reading books while cleaning/watching TV/walking/doing assorted daily activities. I know it's a bit silly for someone who's not particularly coordinated and can't walk in a straight line under normal circumstances, but I can't help myself. Hence my affinity for Disney's Belle. That's a princess I can relate to.
2. One of the first things I do when I pick up a book is smell it. I love the way new books smell. I love the way old books smell. My nose is twitching just thinking about it.
3.When I was about 10, I was a member of The Babysitter's Club Club. I got sent three books from the series per month. I stopped at #112 because, by that stage, I had outgrown them. I got rid of my (many) doubles a few years ago but I can't bear to part with the rest of the collection... which is currently collecting dust in my parents' roof.
4. I'm obsessed with adaptations. If there's a movie or TV version of a book, I have to watch it. If there's a book version of a movie/TV show, I have to read it. Even if I don't particularly enjoy it, I still like to compare the differences.
5. I have a degree in English Literature (and History), which I don't exactly use in my everyday life. This blog is an attempt to remedy that somewhat - a refocus on my literature-loving roots!

13 comments:

  1. Hola! I am your newest follower and I think your answers for this week's FF are really interesting! Please stop by my blog to follow me too and read some reviews if you have some time. (^_^)

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    Thanks and I hope you're having a wonderful Friday morning! *wave*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for reading and following. I'll definitely check out your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the smell of new books too. That's why as much as I love my ereader, I'll never be able to completely stop reading real books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have all of my BSC books around too.
    To find out bookish facts about me and to follow me back (I’m following you now from Follow Friday) check out My Follow Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers!
    When I was a kid I was collecting books by RL Stine from the Fear Street series! And also X-Files books, but shhh, don't tell anyone :)

    And I, too, have a degree in literature! :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the Babysitter's Club! I loved that series! I'm a new follower. My FF is at Coffee Table Press

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reading/following!
    @Kris - I don't have an ereader yet - I just can't give up the smell and feel of an actual book!
    @Evie - I loved the Goosebumps and Fear Street series too! I had most of the Goosebumps, actually, I just wasn't QUITE as devoted as I was to the BSC. I never read X-Files though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. New follower!
    I never new there was a BSC Club. I definitely would've been a member.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watch adaptations and then get shirty if they aren't what i pictured haha

    - Kylie
    http://reviews.blueteacup.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there E Kelly, thanks for stopping by and following! I'll definitely check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Like you I love comparing film/TV adaptations and books to spot the differences and similarities.

    ReplyDelete