My Book Boyfriend, a meme dedicated to our many fictional loves, is hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader. This week I've chosen my second Russian book boyfriend: Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.
- He's a 24-year-old from Siberia with a hot Russian accent.
- He's a dhampir (half-vampire), meaning he has super-strength and fast reflexes but doesn't need to drink blood to survive. Dimitri is described as looking like "a god" when he fights (natch).
- He works as a teacher at St Vladimir's Academy and personally coaches Rose, the feisty heroine of the series. They really enjoy getting hot and sweaty together. Ahem.
- He's the strong, silent type and sticks to his principles, but his calm exterior masks a fierce passion underneath. Ahem.
- He's mega tall - over six foot - and has brown eyes, tanned skin and shoulder-length brown hair. Google image search "Dimitri Belikov" and you'll see that Ben Barnes is a fan favourite for Dimitri, but personally I always pictured him looking more like Ian Somerhalder.
|"'You are so beautiful, it hurts sometimes.'"|
|"'Roza. I did want you. I still do. I wish we could be together... If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.'"|
|"There was a tremulous note in his voice. 'You're strong—you're so, so strong. It's why I love you.'" |
"It was sweet and wonderful at the same time. When I looked into his eyes, I could see without a doubt that he loved me more than anyone else in the world, that I was his salvation, the same way that he was mine."