Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee's View. This week the question is: "The magic book fairy pops out of your cereal box and says, 'You and your favourite character (from a book of course) can switch places!' Who are you going to switch with?"
So because I was thinking of doing a top five along these lines (not to mention the fact that I’m chronically indecisive), I've decided to turn this into my top five for the week! That’s not cheating, is it? Anyhoo, here’s who I’d switch with…
1. Diana Barry from the Anne of Green Gables series. My initial thought was to switch with Anne and get myself some Gilbert action, but then I realised that this would mean I wouldn’t get to actually meet Anne. I love her so much that I’d rather be best friends with her than in a relationship with Gilbert – just like Diana! Plus Anne and Gil belong together - I wouldn’t want to get in their way.
2. Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I know, I know, Elizabeth and Darcy belong together, too, but screw it – I want a piece of Darcy for myself! Plus being mistress of Pemberley wouldn’t be disagreeable.
3. Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride. She won Westley’s love and the affection of Fezzik and Inigo, but she’s the dumbest dumb dumb ever. I’d totally kick more butt than her, and keep Westley, Fezzik and Inigo, too, thankyouverymuch.
4. Peter Pan from Peter Pan. I was going to say Wendy, but I think I’d rather stay in Neverland. I never want to grow up.
5. Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. It would be awesome to be magical. And attend a school like Hogwarts. Not so much the whole, y’know, fight to the almost-death with a Dark Lord and his Deatheaters, but I guess you gotta take the good with the bad.
Who would you switch places with?