TEN favourite covers selected from books you read in 2011
1. The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. It's such a beautiful illustration and perfectly captures the feel of the book.
2. Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan. It's pretty, colourful and fun, and a great representation of the glossy, poppy, bright content.
3. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. For starters, it's pink. It also has super cute illustrations, and the back is designed to look like a postcard. Adorable.
4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. Creepy girl levitating + vintage feel + cool fonts = awesome cover.
5. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. I got the movie tie-in, so the cover is actually the movie poster, but I adore it. It's haunting and beautiful, just like the book itself.
6. The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens. I have the hardcover, and I love the green and gold design once the dust jacket is removed.
7. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. I'm not a fan of the photo, but the hardcover underneath the dust jacket is a beautiful colour. Unfortunately I can't find a picture of it and I don't have the book with me at the moment to snap one, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
8. Cargo by Jessica Au. Amazing illustration.
9. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn. It's fun, quirky, unique and adorable - a perfect representation of the characters and story within.
10. Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright and David Leslie Johnson. This book is a novelisation of the movie, so it makes sense for the cover to be the same as the movie poster. If there's one thing that's great about the movie/book, it's the imagery!
What were your fave covers of 2011?