In the meantime, here's how I did (or rather, didn't do) in the 2011 challenges I signed up for:
-Books to Movies, created by Two Bibliomaniacs. I aimed for Oscar Buzz, which was to read eight books and watch the movie adaptations. Since starting the challenge, I read/watched a total of... four. These included A Little Princess, The Last Unicorn, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and A Christmas Carol.
-Books I Should Have Read By Now, hosted by Gabriel Reads. My aim was to chip the below off my TBR list:
- A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey.
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
- The Pursuit of Love by Nancy Mitford.
- The Beautiful and the Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman.
- Dracula by Bram Stoker.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.
-Aussie Author Challenge, hosted by Booklover Book Reviews. I aimed for "true blue" status, which meant 12 books from at least nine different Aussie authors. I read I Came to Say Goodbye and Ghost Child by Caroline Overington, Cargo by Jessica Au, Not Meeting Mr Right by Anita Heiss and The Nest by Paul Jennings, giving me a total of five books from four different authors. Despite my failure, I've signed up for the challenge once again, coz I really want to read more Aussie books.
-Classic Bribe, created by Quirky Girls Read. The aim was to read at least one classic by September, which I actually did (A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett), however I totally forgot to post about it when the challenge ended, so I kinda failed anyway. Whoops!
...OK, so I didn't do so great on the challenge front this year, but I had a lot of fun trying - and that's the important thing, right?!