Wednesday 2 November 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Carlos Fuentes

 

My Book Boyfriend, hosted by the lovely Missie at The Unread Reader, is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to showcase our fictional crushes (and drool over each other's). After giving a lot of love to Alex Fuentes a few weeks ago, I'm now devoting my attention to his younger brother, Carlos (don't worry, Alex is still MINE too). Carlos is one of the main characters in Simone Elkeles' Rules of Attraction, and he starts off as a total smart-ass rebel who's angry at the world and hates on pretty much everything and everyone. As the book progresses, he stays a smart-ass, but allows his sweet side to come out as he falls for Kiara, the daughter of the man who has taken him in. Described as having dark hair and dark eyes, plus "a hot bod and a face that could make angels weep" (according to himself, anyway), I pictured Carlos looking like Tyler Posey, because I'm a little bit in love with him and think he's got just the right mix of cheeky adorableness and smokin' hotness.

Swoon-Worthy Quotes

“While my mind is telling me I'm flirting with her just to prove a point, my body wants to play 'you show me your perky privates and I'll show you mine.'”

“'I'm in deep shit Alex, 'cause I think I'd like nothin' better than to wake up with her every mornin'.'”

"'Tonight was . . . well, it was perfect for me, too. You’ve turned my world upside down. I’ve fallen in love with you, chica, and it scares the fuckin’ shit outta me. I’ve been shakin’ all night, because I knew it.'"
"The lady at the store said yellow means friendship and red means love. The rosary is the only thing I own that has value to me. It's yours. I'm yours.” 

16 comments:

  1. Carlos is probably my most wanted book boy!
    I love the quotes you used and Tyler Posey is a babe (i watch way too much teen wolf)
    great post Belle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Carlos. I still have to read his story, but I'm still swooning over his brother Alex lol. He's gorgeous by the way (Tyler Posey).

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best Carlos I've ever seen.
    I love the first and last picture and the couple one is so cute (with these 2 kids in my mind, as Carlos and Kiara, I would have enjoyed even more this story)

    Lovely pick (this Tyler Posey definitely has a great smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love Carlos. Even a little more than Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, chicka! Carlos is mine! And I still can't believe that kid grew up! He was so adorable, and now he's hot! Love that last picture.

    "a hot bod and a face that could make angels weep" (according to himself, anyway) <---hehehe! I loved it when he said that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Carlos! He is super sexy and so sweet when he falls in love. Great choice of hottie as well!

    Check out my post this week: http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-book-boyfriend-11-elder.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, I don't know what's taking me so long with not reading this series. I think I just cried a bit from those quotes. Gosh he's hot and adorable and oh my goodness, I need to read this series, NOW. *clears throat* Sorry, lost it there. :D Freakishly awesome pick this week, Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gotta love Carlos's cocky, F` the world attitude. I'm sure on a real person it would be annoying, but on Carlos it's just plain sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bahaha I love those quotes!!! I can't WAIT to read that book! It's on my wishlist and I can only hope I get it for xmas!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make him sound so cute. I love that final quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU. PEOPLE. ARE. KILLING. ME. I swear! So many MBB! So much fighting over... oh, look at that pic... *fans self* What was I saying? Oh yea... you all are going to kill me before I can read this series. So many pics... *sigh* ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that first pick (must be that cheeky look) -- and those quotes. must pick up this book.

    Here's PiF's

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have got to read Simone's books! I'm so far behind! And this actor is major eye candy. Yum. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have got to read Simone's books! Seriously after this post I can't help myself but wanting to read me some Carlos! hehe. I absolutely love the last quote!

    My Book Boyfriend was a little late being posted, so if you have time check mine out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved Carlos! Gosh, those Fuentes Brothers are guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Tyler Posey is a fantabulous Carlos. I've read Perfect Chemistry and Rules of Attraction, now I really have to read Chain Reaction to find out what happens to Luis!

    ReplyDelete