You've probably seen The Hunger Games trailer a million times by now. I know I have (well, at least 11 times, anyway). How freaking awesome does it look?! Here's what I love about it:
- Jennifer Mother Loving Lawrence as Katniss Mother Effing Everdeen. Amazeballs. Perfect in every way. The moment when she volunteers... that is Katniss!
- Liam Hemsworth as Gale. He doesn't have to do much other than be spunky, and he does that pretty damn well.
- PRIM! She's adorable and perfect and breaks my heart.
- RUE! She's adorable and perfect and breaks my already broken heart even more.
- Lenny Kravitz is totally the Cinna I saw in my head.
- The costumes and scenery all look amazing and definitely bring to life the world built by Suzanne Collins.
- I'm still not totally behind Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, but the emotion on his face when his name is pulled out in the Reaping is spot on.
- Stanley Awesomesauce Tucci. I kinda wanna marry him.
- The glimpse of Peeta and Katniss talking on the roof. Squee! I love that scene.
- Katniss' salute and the response from the crowd.
- The way they set up the story without revealing the whole freaking movie. And the way they built up the tension and cut off the trailer just as the Games were starting. Talk about a teaser! The moment when Katniss is being lifted up and you can hear the countdown is totally gut-wrenching - as it should be.
- Whatever the hell is on Haymitch's head. Did they use the same wig department as The Twilight Saga?
- Call me superficial, but Josh is still not hot enough to be my idea of Peeta... but hey, he might change my mind by the end of the movie.
- It's not out till March. I can't wait that long!
What did you think of The Hunger Games trailer? Are you excited for Snow White and the Huntsman?