Wednesday 1 January 2014

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014!


Happy 2014! Hope it's a delightful year for everyone. 2013 had its ups and downs for me but I definitely ended the year much happier than I started it, so I'm excited to see where 2014 takes me! However, I didn't blog anywhere near as much as I wanted to in 2013, especially in the latter part of the year. One of my goals for this year is to get back into regular blogging, bring back some of my features, create new ones and review every book as soon as I've finished it! At the moment I'm about 14 reviews behind, eek! So expect a lot of reviews from me in the next week or so because I really want to catch up and start off on a good foot.

I did a lot better on my 2013 challenges than I did on the previous year. Still not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with my progress:

  • Aussie Author Challenge: Aimed to read 12 Aussie authors, and I read 20! Yay!
  • Australian Women Writers Challenge: Aimed to read 10 books by Aussie women and I read 17. An improvement on the year before.
  • TBR Reading Challenge: Aimed to read 36 books from my 2012 TBR pile, and I got through 20. Not awesome.
  • Goodreads Reading Challenge: Aimed to read 75 books, and I finished 71. So close!
All in all I think I did well. The key for me seems to be not doing too many challenges. So this year, I'm focusing on:

Aim: "Kangaroo" level.
- Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you;
- At least 6 fiction and at least 2 non-fiction, and at least 3 titles first published in 2013 or 2014.

Aim: I want to read 20 books by Australian women this year. 

Aim: "Stenographer" level.
-Listen to 10-15 audiobooks.

New Release Challenge (a personal challenge)
Aim: Keeping up with the Publishers 
-Read at least one new release a month, a total of 12 books published in 2014.

Goodreads Challenge
Aim: Read 75 books.

Here's to blitzing goals this year!

7 comments:

  1. A very warm welcome back for another year of the Aussie Author Challenge Belle! You read so many great titles last year, looking forward to seeing what features in your reading list in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the challenges!!! Happy New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! I'm super excited to be headed to Australia in about 3 weeks (!!!!) I plan on picking up lots of great books by Australian authors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to all of these reviews, keep ME up to date with what's hot please? :)

    ReplyDelete