My Book Boyfriend is an awesome meme highlighting the many fictional boys who make us swoon. It's hosted by the lovely Missie over at The Unread Reader. It'll come as no surprise to those who know I read Anna and the French Kiss this week that I'm currently in the middle of a full-on, daydream-inducing, life-crippling obsession with Étienne St. Clair.
How do I love him? Let me count the ways...
- He's sexy, with messy-but-beautiful brown hair and expressive, dark eyes. He also dresses well.
- He has a hot English accent and can also speak French fluently.
- He's genuinely nice, has a good sense of humour and is fun to be around.
- He loves his mum (and not in a creepy way).
- He is ridiculously sweet and adorable, and gives amazing, thoughtful gifts - like LOVE POETRY, complete with STARRED verses that he later QUOTES. Sigh. This is nowhere near as wanky as it sounds.
- He's intelligent and loves history. History! I love history. I love him.
|“I’ll only be a twenty-minute train ride from your school, and I’ll make the commute to see you every night. I’d take a commute ten times that just to be with you every night."|
|"Our lips brush lightly. 'If you ask me to kiss you, I will,' he says. His fingers stroke the inside of my wrists, and I burst into flames. 'Kiss me,' I say. He does."|
|"'Did you just have a foodgasm?' he asks, wiping ricotta from his lips."|