My Book Boyfriend, hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, is an awesome meme highlighting the many fictional boys who make us swoon. This week I'm reliving my love of Noah Calhoun from The Notebook.
Why he's an awesome book boyfriend...
- He does everything he can for the woman he loves, and remains devoted to her and her alone his whole life. Even with 14 years apart, Allie apparently ignoring him, Allie's engangement to another man, Alzheimer's... he keeps loving her through it all.
- He's supportive, encouraging Allie to pursue her passions.
- He restores a house just for her. A freaking house. A beautiful freaking house where she can paint.
- He writes her letters for a whole year despite receiving nothing in return.
- When Allie doesn't remember him due to Alzheimer's, he sticks by her, going by a fake name and reading the story of their love to her Every. Single. Day.
- He's played by the adorable Ryan Gosling in the movie adaptation - and is even more swoon-worthy in it. Seeing as this is my BOOK boyfriend, I'll stick to the book version of Noah (but the ferris wheel! The beach! "If you're a bird, I'm a bird..." Sigh. Such a great movie).
"She was my dream. She made me who I am, and holding her in my arms was more natural to me than my own heartbeat. I think about her all the time. Even now, when I'm sitting here, I think about her. There could never be another."
"I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough."
|"You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have. I love you, Allie, more than you can ever imagine. I always have, and I always will."|
Ryan Gosling + Rachel McAdams = Double the swoon. I'm still waiting for the day they'll get back together. In the meantime, I'll obsessively rewatch The Notebook plus the clip of their acceptance for Best Kiss at the MTV Awards (they could certainly teach RPattz and KStew a thing or two).