Tuesday 19 July 2011

Pash, Pick or Pass: Austen Heroes


We're playing with some old-school gentlemen this week - my three fave Jane Austen heroes, Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, Captain Wentworth from Persuasion and Mr Knightley from Emma. 


My Choices

Pash: Captain Wentworth. I adore the fact that he's smart, brave, and a self-made man, but it's his passion that really makes me swoon. If you've read Persuasion and seen Wentworth's letter, you know exactly what I'm talking about. If he, as a man of action, can write like that, imagine, well, how he'd act?! Oh yeah, I'd pash him alright. 

Pick: While Captain Wentworth makes me swoon, Mr Darcy has always had a special place in my heart. He's not the most popular of Austen's heroes - or any heroes, really - for no reason. Handsome, rich and lovely, he's more reserved than Wentworth but no less devoted. He's worth getting to know - and keeping around.

Pass: Sorry Mr Knightley, you're very dashing, but just a bit old - and the teensiest bit creepy. I mean, you knew Emma as a baby, and you've been fantasising about her since she was how old? Wait, don't answer that. Pass.

So who would you pash, pick and pass out of this tempting trio? Create your own post and pop the link in the comments, or answer directly below!

Next time: It's a battle of the vamps - Edward Cullen, Damon Salvatore and Eric Northman.

9 comments:

  1. AAAAAAH!

    Super fun, Belle.

    Pash: Charles Bingley. What can I say? I love shy guys.
    Pick: Captain Frederick Wentworth! I love you and I always will! That letter! I still swoon over it.
    Pass: Mr. William Collins. Never, ever, ever! Gross to even imagine it.

    LOL

    Oh, wait, I have to make my picks from the ones you listed. Opps.

    Pash: Mr. Darcy
    Pick: Captain Wentworth
    Pass: Mr. Knightley.

    That was easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh i love this post!
    i'm going to have to agree entirely with your choices.
    i love Mr Darcy so much and captin wentworth is a sweetheart i loved him in the most recent bbc film.
    great post as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll wait on the vamps to make my choices. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha good choices Missie - I was going to pick three guys from Pride and Prejudice, but I figured EVERYONE would pass on Mr Collins, and where's the fun in that? ;)

    Thanks Abbey! Yes I loved the recent BBC Persuasion, though it wasn't nearly long enough!

    Alexis, it should be interesting next week. Something to think about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett are the prototypical way I like my fictional couples to go. Fight, fight, fight, smooch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree 100%! Who wouldn't want to marry Mr Darcy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. PASS ON MR COLLINS!?

    Definitely not, he's my dream come true! Who doesn't want an arrogant, presumptious, smarmy little preacher as a husband? Charlotte Lucas obviously did.

    Ugh. *shudders*

    I do have to agree with your choices, but can I have the Colin Firth version instead please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pick: Captain Wentworth. That's husband material there, ladies!

    Pash: Darcy. Right out of the lake.

    Pass: Mr. Knightley. No. Just...no.

    Next week will be exciting!

    ReplyDelete