Saturday 20 August 2011

On My Wishlist


On My Wishlist, hosted by Book Chick City, is a weekly meme that keeps track of the books we want! Here's what I'm currently coveting... 

 
Summary: Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. 

So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father's mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay. 

When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn't expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he's never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. 

And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.
 
Reviewer that made me want it: Logan at Logan E. Turner
 
 
Summary: Port Fare, New York, has fallen into the clutches of true evil. The Dreser brothers have arrived with a scheme to increase drug sales in the area by whatever means possible. Seth Prescott is part of MET, Mobile Enforcement Teams, a branch of the DEA. He's been assigned to work undercover at Port Fare High, and things aren't going very well, until senior Maggie Brown enters the equation. He's harbored a secret crush on her from day one, and now that she is in the center of the case, he's trying to stay clear and objective while walking the line between business and unrequited love. 

Maggie is truly the poster child for Heroin Chic, complete with jutting bones and dark-ringed eyes, but is she an addict, or is there another reason for her appearance? She struggles with her feelings for Seth, fearing he is just another person who will eventually let her down, as everyone in her life has done thus far...

Seth and Maggie's romantic journey is one of humor, heartbreak, and self-discovery.  
 
Reviewer that made me want it: Somer at A Bird's Eye Review


Summary: Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
 
It can.
 
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
 
There is.
 
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
 
She's wrong.
 
Reviewer that made me want it: Aylee at Recovering Potter Addict

14 comments:

  1. I havent seen the first two books around but oh my the covers are so beautiful, their in my wishlist now!
    I really want to read The unbecoming of mara dyer and it has a great cover as well.
    great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna Dressed in Blood has been on my want list ever since I saw the cover last fall on a blog! Cant wait to get it too:)
    Hope u get all 3 of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. All the covers on your list is gorgeous! And Anna dressed in blood sounds very interesting to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those books I can't wait to read! They all look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Anna Dressed in Blood! I have heard so many good things about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want all three as well. Great choices!

    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get to read these soon :)


    On my Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't seen these before, but wow, beautiful covers and they sound awesome! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My wishlist: http://lost-in-lit.blogspot.com/2011/08/on-my-wishlist-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read all of these myself. I absolutely love the cover to Anna Dressed in Blood and have it on hold at my library. I can't wait till it comes in :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I'm also waiting for The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer :)
    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna Dresed in blood is pre-irdered for me and I cant wait!! I hope you get your boos soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm right in the middle of Anna Dressed in Blood and it's really good! The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is one I'm just aching to get my hands on too. ;)

    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get your books. This week's wish is inspired by a book I finished while in the mountains. Please come see which book I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anna dressed in blood has a beautiful cover and it looks like a hit on blogosphere.
    I like dyour list this week.
    Visit my: http://readingandall.blogspot.com/2011/08/na-minha-listinha-3.html

    ReplyDelete