Tuesday 16 August 2011

Pash, Pick or Pass: Wuthering Heights


Time to play Pash, Pick or Pass (a.k.a. Date, Do or Ditch) - a weekly game I feature where we pick from a random book trio and say who we'd pash (and dash), who we'd pick for a relationship and who we'd pass on all together.

The Contenders
From Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights...

The (anti)hero Heathcliff (played by Tom Hardy in 2009)
The nice guy Edgar Linton (played by Andrew Lincoln in 2009)
The diamond in the rough, Hareton Earnshaw (played by Jason Riddington in 1992)
My Choices

Pash: Hareton. I always feel so bad for the poor guy - he means well and he's treated so horribly by everyone. He just needs a little lovin'! And I'm more than happy to oblige.

Pick: Edgar. This is a bit of a no-brainer - he's handsome, sweet, rich, smart... what more could you want? Unless you're Cathy, who apparently just wants an abusive creep.

Pass: Speaking of abusive creeps - yep, I'd pass on Heathcliff! Even played by the wonderful Tom Hardy, Heathcliff freaks me out (though in Hardy's defense it may just be the fugly wig in that instance). Seriously, though, he's such a horrid character. But then, so is Cathy; they totally deserve each other.

Who would you pash, pick or pass?

Next time: Sookie Stackhouse's non-vamp boys - Jason Stackhouse, Sam Merlotte and Alcide Herveaux.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I really want to switch Hareton and Edgar in my fantasy but I know I'd probably be happier with Edgar too. Sigh! Heathcliff can just shove it, though. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on all counts, though this was a tough one! I guess I'd kiss Hareton if he cleaned himself up a bit. Is it totally awful to admit that I'd hope Linton would still die early so I would get the comforts of money and a nice house without having to deal with a weenie for a husband for all time? He certainly was devoted though.

    Heathcliff is just creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pass on them all. Especially Cathy (even though she isn't a choice). All the guys are creepy in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    Your choices and mine line up exactly . . . but I'd feel too guilty about pashing Hareton and then picking Edgar! So I'd just pash and pick Edgar. LOL!

    PS--I'd actually love to pash and pick Hareton, but I've learned enough from Cathy and Heathcliff's obsessive relationship to keep from breaking up couples who look like a match made on the purely elemental level. Cathy can have Hareton; I don't think either of them would be happy with anyone else, anyway. And who'd want to be Hareton's Isabella?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, I agree with you on all counts here. I'm almost apt to say I'd pick Hareton because I have an affinity for the "rough around the edges" sorta guy, but I think I'll stick with your choices. Good call!

    Try playing round 1 of the Mad Men edition of the game, here: http://www.cositabella.com/2011/08/pash-pick-or-pass-mad-men-round-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Id totally pick Edgar too... Even if I don't like the book (sorry!) I love Andrew Lincoln!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, LOL at the "fugly wig"!

    ReplyDelete