Saturday 27 August 2011

Reading Icons: Ava Gardner

Apparently, Ava Gardner once met J. R. R. Tolkien and didn't know who he was - but he didn't know who she was, either, so I guess that's fair. One writer she did know really well was Ernest Hemingway, whom she was good friends with. She starred in three movies based on his writing - The Sun Also Rises, The Snows of Kilimanjaro and The Killers. Oh, and according to Wikipedia she also swam naked in Hemingway's pool, prompting him to tell his staff, "The water is not to be emptied".







3 comments:

  1. I never knew those facts about Ava! Thank you. She is one of my favorite actresses; so incredibly sultry and mysterious. My fave movie of hers is The Barefoot Contessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those amazing little factoids about her --- she is an AMAZING woman. So awesome.

    www.cositabella.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Ava Gardner was one of the most beautiful women ever, in my opinion! Great post!

    ReplyDelete