I'm not all that fussy about where I read. If a book is really good, I'll carry it around with me everywhere and read glimpses of it whenever I can. But like most bookish people, I have my favourite reading spots...
1. My parents' backyard. Living in an apartment, a backyard is a little luxury I love to take advantage of when I visit my mum and dad. It's especially good when the the weather is warm and I can lay next to the pool (or float around it on an airbed) with a book in hand. It's one of my fave things to do in summer.
2. Bed. There are few things more relaxing than curling up with a book in bed. In fact, it's almost too relaxing - I tend to fall asleep ten pages in, no matter what time of day it is. Which is handy when I'm actually trying to get to sleep, but kinda annoying when I just want to read. Random fact about me: I was actually reading in bed when the Fiance proposed to me.
3. The uni library. I finished uni three years ago and I miss it. I especially miss the library. There were certain little hidey holes that I'd sit in during breaks to do my work or - more often than I probably should have - read a book. Sometimes I have the temptation to take a day trip to my old uni, just so I can visit the library. Not to borrow anything; just to sit. Sad, I know.
4. The park. When the weather is nice and we're feeling organised, the Fiance and I occasionally pack a picnic and head to the park with our books in tow. I love spending days like this, sprawled out in pretty surroundings with the best company - oh, and the Fiance ain't bad either. (Jokes. He's the best). I wish I remembered to do it more often.
5. The walk home. This is kinda random, I know, but I really enjoy reading a book when I walk home from work during daylight savings in summer. It makes the time pass so much quicker and way more enjoyably than even an iPod. It's weird, but certain parts of the walk are now associated with what I was reading on certain days - like there's the corner where the Handmaid finally hooked up with the driver in The Handmaid's Tale, or the archway where Rob reconnected with Charlie in High Fidelity. I just make sure to stop when I come to a road, coz, y'know, I don't want that to become the place where I got run down.
Where do you love to read?
Image via We Heart It