Wednesday 31 August 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Jack Force


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie at The Unread Reader, all about fictional boys who make us swoon. This week my book boyfriend is Jack Force from Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series. While I didn't love the books, Jack is definitely worth a swoon or two. 

About Jack
  • Full name is Benjamin Force, Jack is a nickname. He's blonde, athletic, graceful and "painfully" handsome. Needless to say, he's the most popular guy in school.
  • He's a vampire and a fallen angel - and not just any angel, but Abbadon, the Angel of Destruction.
  • He's kind, sensitive and romantic, but due to his violent past he sometimes has anger issues. 
  • He loves reading, and one of my fave things about him is the way he romances Schuyler via hidden messages in books.
  • I picture him as Chace Crawford. 
Swoon-worthy Quotes

"She wanted to run to him - to skip, giggling into his arms - but she savoured the way he was looking at her. She could drown in the intensity of his gaze... Outside of this place, they could be nothing to each other. He would not even allow himself to look at her. He could not afford it. So she wanted him to enjoy himself, to look at her as much as he liked. 'Get over here,' he growled."



"Before she could breathe, there he was, solid against her, his warm lips on hers, his hands around her waist... she could feel his heart beating against hers and the intensity of the emotion exploding between them. She returned his kisses with an ardour that she did not know she was capable of - and he buried his face in her neck, as if he wanted to breathe in every part of her, and she buckled to the floor so that he fell with her, until they were lying down, still kissing, their bodies entwined like roots of a tree."
"Jack looked at her and raised an eyebrow. He looked so serious in the moonlight, but his eyes were teasing. They were sparkling. This was a boy who spoke through books: longing and exile - The Plague, banter and obstacles - Pride and Prejudice. He spoke her language. And with his hair tousled and his eyes shining, she watched as he held her arms above her head, so that she was immobile beneath him... Then he bent down and kissed her so gently, a feathery whisper that melted against her as she pressed her body against his."
Images via Chace Crawford Online

5 comments:

  1. That is exactly how I imagined Jack Force! It has been a while since I read that series but Jack is definitely sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *slaps self*

    A reading half vampire, half fallen angel? Can we say made of win! Why haven't I read these book before? Why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm. Chase Crawford is definitely HAWT! I've read books I didn't love but had standout heroes too. Some books just can't have it all, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *licks lips* Ummmm.... *stares in silence* I can't seem to bring myself from the post above. Those quotes are so tantalizingly delicious. Forgive me for spending the day parked here on this post. :D YUMMY!

    Jen
    In the Closet With a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Just look at those eyes! Dayum!

    I don't know what else to say here... I'm drooling!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete