Monday 9 July 2012

Bookish Fun: 50 Shades of Spoofs

I literally cannot get through a single day lately without hearing something about 50 Shades of Grey. Everyone in my FB newsfeed seems to be going gaga over Christian Grey. Which just makes me want to gag. On the plus side, like any craptastic cultural phenomenon, it's spawned some great spoofs. Here are some of my faves...

1. Barely Political's spot-on parody of E. L. James and her writing.


2. 3 Golden Sisters, the grandmas who previously watched Kim Kardashian's sex tape, discuss the, er, ins and outs of 50 Shades.


3. A 50 Shades of Grey musical. 'Nuff said.


4. Jimmy Fallon hosts 50 Shades of Grey karoake, which makes me want to get a copy of the book just so I can do something as hilarious as this.

 

5. Gilbert Gottfried lends his distinctive voice to render 50 Shades even more ridiculous (bet you didn't think that was possible!).

 

6. Ellen reads 50 Shades - with sound effects!

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I watched all of number one, can't stop smiling!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Ellen!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ellen one is hysterical. I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, and they were randomly turning to pages and reading. It was hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen's is hysterical, so are the Golden Sisters. Gilbert Gottfried does it make it sound sensual, ha!

    I'll never read this book, the thought of it is scary enough. This Christian Grey sounds abusive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention there's also a parody called "Fifty Shades of Blue" with Selena Gomez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! I loved the parody starring Selena Gomez called Fifty Shades of Blue.

    ReplyDelete