Saturday 14 July 2012

My Wedding: A Love Story

I've already posted the ceremony readings from my wedding, so now I thought I'd share what we did with our guestbook. I wanted to get one that looked like an actual book, to fit in with our table decorations (more on that in a post to come), and after much searching on the internet, the best option I found - that wasn't too expensive - was a custom journal from Beauty Bound Books on Etsy. We chose to have it bound in blue cloth and decorated with pink silhouettes - you can see it in the photo below. I then wrote our love story (in a mad dash the day before the wedding!) and formatted it so we could print it out and paste it in the guestbook. I read the story out as part of my speech at the reception, and we then invited guests to leave their messages to us in the many blank pages in the book. There are still plenty left, so the husband and I intend to add our own messages to each other each anniversary. But here is our story so far...


Once upon a time a girl met a boy. Their eyes locked. And he insulted her. 

The boy was most pleased with himself. The girl felt quite differently.
 

The next time they met, they were surrounded by friends. They were giggling and flirting. And the boy insulted her again.
 

The girl thought to herself, Who is this rude boy?! How dare he insult me!
 

The boy thought to himself, I am so clever and very funny.

Then one day, when he had not insulted her for a little while, the boy looked at the girl and thought,
She is quite nice and clever and fun. She has a fantastic fringe. I would like to know her better.
 

Meanwhile, the girl looked at the boy and thought, He fills out his new jeans nicely. I would like to know him better.

So they talked and flirted and talked and pretended to do science and maths and talked some more. They got to know each other better. The girl discovered the boy was actually smart and kind and funny, when he was not insulting her. The boy discovered he would like to spend even more time with the girl.


One day, he rode his noble skateboard to the girl’s home by the sea. He faced a barking hound and was rescued by the girl. He faced the girl’s mother and bravely stayed awhile.


A few days passed and the girl and boy saw each other at school and talked and laughed and flirted some more. 


Then came one special Wednesday. Everybody knew the boy liked the girl and the girl liked the boy. With many eyes watching, the boy built up his courage and walked towards the girl. He knelt down and looked her in the eyes. He said, “Will you go out with me?”


The girl said, “Yes.”


That was just the beginning of their story. Days and months and years passed and the boy and girl spent lots of time together and always had fun. Except sometimes, when they would fight. But they made up every time. They were in love.


They continued to grow closer and better together. They finished their education and pursued their own careers. They travelled the world and saw wondrous places. They encountered difficult times and helped each other through. When they were grown up enough, they left their homes and created a new home together. They still loved to visit their old homes, though.


Nine years had passed since the boy asked the girl that first question, and he thought to himself,
I would like to always spend time with this girl.

So he got down on one knee and asked her another question. He said, “Will you marry me?”


The girl said, “Yes.”


Two more years passed and the boy and girl went to more wondrous places and learned new things. They planned their wedding, and for a little while the girl was possessed by a stress monster. The boy hugged her and spoke kind words and helped her to slay the stress monster. Together, they looked to their future with hope and excitement.


Finally, another special Wednesday came and with many eyes watching, the girl walked towards the boy. They locked eyes and said kind words to each other and there was not an insult in sight. They made promises of love and friendship.


That day, the girl became a wife and the boy became a husband.


And together, they will live and love and have adventures and battle obstacles and do wondrous things and have fun and fight sometimes and make up all times. It will be their happily ever after...




Wedding photography by J Roberts Photography

26 comments:

  1. Thank you lovely ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so lovely. I wish you both happy forever. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Ayanami and Violet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! And a lovely way to build on your story in many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. What a sweet and lovely beginning to your life together! Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous picture!
    Sweet story!
    OMG and I LOVE that table. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments everyone. I was a bit nervous posting this so it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is too much. I just cried at my desk. I am so glad to know you're both still so in love. It's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I love, love, love it. Highscool boys, they sure can be immature but I'm glad he finally came to his senses :) Beautiful story, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely story! Seriously - this made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah and Rebecca, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nawwww, that's the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet story! I love it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. A love story that is both cute and original. And for once, a love story that does make me gag. You're awesome. :)) I love your story. Thank you for sharing it with us :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a guy, but that was pretty awesome. The style, plot, everything. Like, really good. It reminded me of the night circus for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed about of becoming a VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and I bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete