Wednesday 12 October 2011

My Book Boyfriend: Wesley Rush


It's my favourite time of the week - My Book Boyfriend day! MBB is hosted by the lovely Missie at The Unread Reader, and it's all about fictional boys who we want to do bad things with date. This week my book boyfriend is the smart, hot, flirtatious, seemingly-jerky-but-really-vulnerable Wesley Rush from Kody Keplinger's The DUFF. In the book he's described as tall, with dark curly hair and grey eyes. Somehow in my head that translated to Chace Crawford. Mainly because the boy is so, so pretty.



Swoon-Worthy Quotes

 “I think about you much more than any self-respecting man would like to admit, and I'm insanely jealous of Tucker - something I never thought I'd say. Moving on after you is impossible. No other girl can keep me on my toes the way you can. No one else makes me WANT to embarrass myself by writing sappy letters like this one.
Only you.

"Wesley didn’t say anything. He just sat with me in silence. I didn’t even realize he was holding my hand until after the tears had stopped. Once I’d caught my breath and wiped away the few salty drops from my eyes, he opened his door and walked around to open mine. He helped me out of the car—not that I needed it, but it was still nice—and led me up to the porch with his arm tight around me, like the way he’d guided me out of my house, keeping me close. As if he was afraid I might slip away in the darkness between his car and the front door."


“'Wesley Rush doesn’t chase girls, but I’m chasing you.'”

12 comments:

  1. I lovveddd The Duff and particulary Wesley! he's just so hot!
    Great quotes and pictures Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot. Nomish. Yes. Must read this.
    -Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds awesome...I especially love the sappy love letter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be chased by THAT guy! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh...Chase Crawford makes an great Wesley. I love the cocky scruffy look he has going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, you're convincing me to pick this one up off my shelf. Especially if I can imagine Chace. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't want to know how hard I fell for Wesley after he said that "I'm chasing you" line.

    And you nailed (hehe) Wesley with the 'seemingly-jerky-but-really-vulnerable' bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOO! *fans self* I um love/stalk/obsess over Chase Crawford!!!! and Wesley is so amazing! I fell for him from the first time he called her duffy! <3 your pick this week~!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy smokes batman. I think another book to add back in TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  10. MAN, I love that first quote! It stills gets so me. Who doesn't wish a guy would say that to you? <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wesley Rush=SEXY
    damnn finesse
    hehe :D

    ReplyDelete