Tuesday 25 October 2011

Bookish (Movie) Fun: Young Adult, Snow White and Paradise Lost

I posted a little while ago about how I was cautiously excited about Diablo Cody's upcoming flick Young Adult, because it sounded like an interesting comedy about a YA author, plus it had an awesome poster. Well, the trailer has been released, and I have to say I'm no longer excited at all. I think I'll give this one a miss. It doesn't even look craptastic - it just looks crap.


One movie that I am getting increasingly excited about is Snow White, starring Lily Collins and Armie Hammer. There's no trailer yet, but there is a bunch of pretty stills:






In other (kinda old, but new to me) movie news, I was surprised to find out that John Milton's epic poem Paradise Lost is being adapted for the big screen. As an action movie. In 3D. Starring The Hangover's Bradley Cooper as Lucifer, unknown Benjamin Walker as Michael, Ben's little brother, Casey Affleck, as Gabriel, I Am Number Four's Callan McAuliffe as Uriel, Pretty Little Liars' Diego Boneta as Adam and... wait for it... the girl Joe Jonas dumped Taylor Swift for, Camilla Belle, as Eve. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm curious, that's for sure. I guess angels really are the new vampires, huh?

7 comments:

  1. OMG what a mega beast! *blech* I want to slap her through that trailer ;)

    I can't wait for both Snow Whites.

    In that last image, doesn't she almost look like Jennifer Connelly as she did in Labyrinth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes after watching that trailer, I don't think I'll see the movie after all. It was nothing like I expected the movie to be like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Paradise Lost news.

    Again, Cody hits a gold mine by working a increasing popular angle. I'm looking forward to YA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Julia Roberts on the last pic? Snow white is definitely exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Juju - She does a bit, doesn't she! I think it's the eyebrows :)

    @Shilpa - It is indeed! She plays the evil queen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I'm going to have to see all three. Paradise Lost sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewwww that Young Adult movie looks gross... :P But Snow White... cool!!

    ReplyDelete