Saturday 15 October 2011

On My Wishlist: Books To Tweet About


On My Wishlist, hosted by Book Chick City, is a weekly meme that keeps track of the books we want! I've had a lot of recommendations via Twitter lately, here's are some I've added to my wishlist...



Summary: All high school freshman Airi Hoshina ever wanted was to someday live in a cozy home with a loving husband and find joy in the little things in life. As a result, she makes it her daily mission to get to school on time because school legend has it that the longer one's non-tardy streak is, the better boyfriend one will find. But just when her daily routine is working like clockwork, an occurrence of fairy-tale proportions threatens to disrupt her grand plan.

On the way to school one morning, Airi loses her mirror—one that has been passed down to her through generations—and suddenly finds herself in a bizarre situation. Never in her wildest dreams did she expect Aram, a little boy from a magical kingdom, to have emerged from the mirrior in the short time it took her to track it down!
Recommended by: Camille @Envyious


Summary: 'As I sleep, my mind will erase everything I did today. I will wake up tomorrow as I did this morning. Thinking I'm still a child. Thinking I have a whole lifetime of choice ahead of me ...' Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love - all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may only be telling you half the story. Welcome to Christine's life.
Recommended by: Kate @misskatedaily


Summary: As Paris reels under the turbulent political events of 1803, young English governess Anne Peters finds herself penniless, homeless and alone.

But while France prepares for war she seizes the chance of escape, to a new life in the service of dashing Count Nikolai Kirov,and a new home in the glittering Russian city of St Petersburg.
Thrown into the flamboyant and demanding circle of her new employer and his family, Anne moves between the city's splendour and the wild, untamed beauty of the Caucasus Mountains, and begins her transformation from Anne Peters into Anna Petrovna.

But as Napoleon gathers his army for the final attack on Imperial Russia, Anna must prepare for a battle of the heart - her forbidden love for a man and a country she may never call her own.
Recommended by: Marg @MargReads

10 comments:

  1. Before I Go to sleep sounds really interesting - the idea of loosing your memories is very creepy as you can't trust yourself! Great choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Before I Go To Sleep out from the library at the moment! I hope you enjoy Anna too if you can find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I go to Sleep was so good, I just couldn't let it go! I really hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so many good things about "Before I go to Sleep!" It was on my wishlist last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting selection of books. My wishlist has grown to 955. Please come see what my current featured wish is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Before I Go To Sleep...just loved it! I hope you get the chance to read and enjoy it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love manga! I haven't read Meru Puri, but I've heard of it. It sounds really interesting. I ought to look into that one. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    And, thanks for visiting my blog today. I hope you get the books you want very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before I go does sound so good and for some reason I've been drawn to manga lately. You know I like your choices!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great choices this week, I hope you get them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so many people are saying Before I go to Sleep is great. I haven't read it myself, but that synopsis has me hooked. Such a scary concept. I'm adding it to my own wishlist now.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    P.S. Come check out my blog's first giveaway here

    ReplyDelete