Friday 21 October 2011

TGIF: 5 Book Blogs That Make Me Smile

It's Friiiiiday!


Which means it's TGIF at GReads, time to recap the week and answer a question posed by Ginger. This week, she asks: "Book Blogs That Make You Smile: Pick 5 book blogs you visit often & think others should, too." Like most book bloggers, I spend a lot of time reading other book blogs and there are a lot that I really enjoy. But here are five of my faves:


1. ...In The Attic. Megan's recaps of the trashtasticness that is VC Andrews are completely hilarious. Right now she's making her way through the Landry series, one of my faves, and her commentary is spot on. It always makes me Laugh. Out. Loud.

2. The Unread Reader. Missie is one of the nicest bloggers I (virtually) know, she has a great sense of humour that shines through in her reviews and some brilliant features/memes, including (my favourite) My Book Boyfriend. Her blog is such a fun place to visit.

3. Holes In My Brain. Audrey has a really unique, quirky writing style that I love. Her posts never fail to make me smile and I especially appreciate the way she breaks her reviews down and ranks books on things like how they match up to her expectations and their level of put-down-ability. 

4. Abbey's Bookshelf. Abbey's interest in photography means her posts are always accompanied by beautiful photos, many of which are her own. Her blog is soooo pretty! 

5. Wear The Old Coat. Jo's reviews are incredibly funny, and the way she splits her thoughts into "initial thoughts", "high points", "low points" and so on makes them really easy to read, not to mention extremely entertaining. But one of my favourite things is the way she includes theme tunes for each of the books she reads.


This Week On Belle's Bookshelf
Review: Where Demons Fear To Tread by Stephanie Chong 
Mag Monday: Swooning over Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer
Pash, Pick or Pass: The Gatsby Edition
Review: Fear, edited by RL Stine
My Book Boyfriend: Alex Fuentes
Bookish Buys: Jewellery for book nerds

11 comments:

  1. Can I please add you to that best-of book blogs list? Cause you rock. Just thought you should know. Have a happy weekend! :)

    www.cositabella.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't read any of these blogs before; so thanks for a great list of new ones to check otu!! (Hi, my name is Jac and I am addicted to reading book blogs!)

    Here is my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list..i love Missie's blog! She is really nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of any of these blogs, so I'm off to check them out now. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nikki - Aw, thanks for the lovely comment! You made my weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AND follow up - loving Holes In My Brain. thanks for the lead to a new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww thankyou Belle, your blog is my top 5 most read and favourite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO with you on Missie. She's hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you kidding me? This blog is the place to be, though I can hardly keep up with you. I always have fun here, especially because of all the hilarious gifs you include in your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Missie - Aww, thanks, you're so sweet lady. :D

    ReplyDelete